Photo credits: European Youth Award
It has been a long run so far. Now it is the time to award the best of the best. Congratulations to the winner of the mYouth award: “EgiBU”, the Italian project produced by Noro Ferrutch, Irene Dini, Francesco Cerra and Veronica Selvanetti! “EgiBU” is an educational app based on infographics and gamification of ancient Egyptian civilisation. The protagonist of this game is BU, a green little drop that helps children to discover not only the historical aspects but also geographic, scientific and artistic arguments.
More than 20 mobile apps were developed through the Local Mobile App Code Camps taking place in each of the participating countries. Brilliant ideas, innovation and creativity were the backbones of youngsters involved in creating new mobile applications that will have not only technological by also social impact. This was the chance and getaway for all the participants to embark on a special journey, where, aside from working on mobile app ideas, they also entered a vibrant network to pitch the ideas, and also were rewarded for their digital product at a world level.
The best produced mobile apps got the chance to compete for the European Youth Summit Award, a pan-European contest established for motivation of young people, development of social entrepreneurship and start-ups to produce digital projects with impact on society and for the World Summit Youth Award – a unique global contest which brings together young developers and digital entrepreneurs – under 30 years of age – who use the internet and mobile technology to put the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into actions and make a difference!
The activities that were on the journey to Final EYA GALA CEREMONY were:
- Kick-Off Meeting in Salzburg from Jan 20-23 (organized by EYA);
- Local App Camps and Game Jams in 10 countries (see VIII. Game Jam & App Camp Graz);
- mYouth training for 21 days, Skopje, Macedonia (Jun 20 to Jul 14) (2 participants sent by EYA); development of 14 apps submitted to the EYA Contest;
- Participation of 10 mYouth participants (one per country) at the EYA Festival;
- Online Jury to select a mYouth Winner which was awarded at the EYA Gala Ceremony